Tuesday, August 23, 2011
The original one I saw was made out of a heavy poster board. however I wanted something more durable. So I just cut a square out of a large box and covered the edges with duct tape. Then added foam stickers for his name. We posted it over his bed so his little brother couldn't get to it.
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
We found this file cabinet for free. However it was rusty and didn't look that great. (sorry I don't have a before picture) after being inspired by several DYI blogs I decided a coat of spray paint wouldn't hurt! here's the result...
I can't wait to get into our newly rearranged office!
Thursday, August 4, 2011
We are finishing up our master bath remodel and I wanted some jars to put cotton balls and q-tips in. So I looked through my "jar collection" and cam up with these pasta sauce jars. however as you can see, they say stuff on the lids. Chris didn't want me painting them red of blue like I have everything else. :-P so I found this can of rust-o-leum from another project and sprayed them
The result was better than imagined! I love them!! very "rustic" yet elegant.